Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Best Job EVER!

I have the greatest job in the world!

Funny story:
One of my students got in trouble today. He didn't want to miss his recess, so once we got him to sit down he started crying. Then all of a sudden we hear him singing/screaming "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes." Then he screamed 3 verses of "If You're Happy and You Know It". Last of all, he screamed "How Firm a Foundation." At that point, we (being the grown-ups) could not hold in our laughter any more. My heart was breaking for this kid, but it so so funny to hear someone scream primary songs.

I ended up giving him a really tight hug (deep pressure). I asked him if he felt better. He said, "Singing songs made me feel better."

Now, I need to tell you that he is one of my favorite kids and I know him pretty good. This was not the first time he has brought his love of church to school... (for those of you who work at Spectrum... "Brother Stefie"! lol)

0 comments: