Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Surprise Party


Erick's Aunt Carol and I planned a surprise party for Erick's grandma's 90th birthday! It was so great! Brenda, Erick's grandma, had a brother come up from St. George. Randy, Erick's grandpa, had a brother come up from Provo. All of Erick's aunts and uncles from out-of-state were able to come! It was fantastic! And, best of all, Erick's grandma was SURPRISED!

I cooked all the meat... 23 pounds of sweet pork pull-apart (aka Pork Barbacoa). I had 6 crockpots in my kitchen, and I enlisted Erick and my dad for help. Erick cleaned every single crockpot (bless him!) and my dad helped me pull all the pork apart. I was pleased with how everything turned out.

Here's the sweet pork recipe for anyone who is interested:
3 lbs boneless pork roast
6 oz salsa
1 can coke (or diet coke, dr. pepper, pepsi... anything brown works great)
1 c. brown sugar

Fill crockpot about 1/2 full of water. Put in roast. Cook 6 - 8 hours.
Drain.
Shred with fork.
Put back in crockpot.
Mix in a bowl salsa, brown sugar, and coke. Pour over pork. Cook until heated through.

Serve with tortillas or buns.

1 comments:

Eric and Chris said...

Jessica, You did a wonderful job on this whole deal and I know it was a lot of work. Thanks so much for all you do for everyone, and particularly my parents, you're the best,
Uncle Eric