Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grandma

I cannot express how grateful I am for eternal families.

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. She had fought stage 4 breast cancer for 2 1/2 years, and her body just couldn't do it any more. She was participating in a research study because the chemo was no longer fighting her cancer.

She wanted to be here until our baby was born. While she was at the hospital a week ago, all she would talk about to the nursing staff is that she needs to get better for her great-grandson. I went to visit her last Wednesday, and the nurse told me she had heard about me all day long. I only have 5 1/2 weeks left... I thought she could make it.

But Heavenly Father had different plans in mind. And while she did not get to see Colby here, I think she is probably playing with him right now.

I didn't realize how important families are to the church until I got married. Everything we do is get back to our family. I know my grandpa will be able to be with my grandma again (probably sooner than we think).

Obituary

0 comments: