Sunday, March 28, 2010

Love Story

I'm listening to "Love Story meets Viva la Vida" by Jon Schmidt. If you haven't heard it, go YouTube it. It's amazing.

But it's also making me think.

It's making me think about all the Love Stories I have experienced or been witness to.

My grandma and grandpa are soul mates. Thinking about my grandma is still hard since she passed away less than 2 weeks ago, but listening to this song I just can't help it. They had the perfect simple love that I haven't seen very often. I can't tell you an particular story in situation, but all the little things put together. The day before my grandma passed away is the first time I could actually see how strong the bond they had made in their 59 years of marriage actually was. I watched my grandpa's heart break as he waited for my grandma's body to rest. I know his heart will not completely heal until he is with her again. Thank goodness for eternal families. I am so glad to know that they will be together again.

It also makes me think about my relationship with Erick. We're been married for 4 years, and we are still learning how to be married. We got married so young, not even really adults. We've grown up and learned how to be grown-ups together. It's been an amazing adventure, and it's going to change soon. We are starting out a new adventure with the birth of our little boy. I'm both excited and nervous to see where this new experience takes our relationship.

Lastly, I'm going to have a new "Love Story" start soon. My love story with our little boy. I'm excited, scared, thrilled, nerves, ... The list goes on. Anyone who has had a child knows what I'm going through.

0 comments: